Business South Bank (BSB) continues to be ‘the voice’ of the South Bank precinct, keeping members informed on the latest developments and issues including:
- Brisbane Metro
- Queen’s Wharf Brisbane development
- New Performing Arts Venue
- Future South Bank Master Plan
- West Village development
- World Science Festival Brisbane
- Road closures
- Parking and transport within the precinct
- Sustainability projects within the precinct
- Personal safety matters
BSB has met and held discussions with:
- Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner
- Former Deputy Premier, The Hon. Jackie Trad
- Former Lord Mayor Graham Quirk
- The Hon. Kate Jones MP
- The Hon. Leeanne Enoch MP
- Councillor Fiona Hammond
- Councillor Krista Adams
- Councillor Matthew Bourke
- Queensland Police Service
BSB is a member of the Brisbane Metro River South Reference Group.
Lord Mayor Announces Free Bus Loop Service for South Bank Precinct
Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner announced this week at a Business South Bank (BSB) member function, that as part of the Brisbane Metro Project construction plan the Council would operate a free bus loop service around the South Bank precinct.
The announcement follows years of discussion between Council and BSB about implementing initiatives that would mitigate against the potential impacts of the construction of the Brisbane Metro.
Details of the timing and route of the bus loop service is yet to be determined and subject to Queensland Government approval of Brisbane Metro project, including approval to proceed with the Cultural Centre station detailed design and construction.
BSB will ensure members are kept informed and involved in the process.