Vision South Bank
A 20 Year Vision for the South Bank Precinct
A 20-Year Vision For The South Bank Precinct
Business South Bank along with over 40 precinct stakeholders developed its 20-year vision for the South Bank precinct, as a way of driving the agenda for the precinct rather than reacting to Government plans. Realising this collaborative vision will see South Bank become a renowned precinct of culture, innovation and recreation that will catch the eye of the world, allow its partners to thrive, and bring great experiences for the state, the city and all that enjoy its offerings.
The vision explores four strategies.
- Global destination – long-term plan for expanding the cultural, educational and tourism facilities
- Connection – offers a blueprint for improving key connections within and beyond the precinct, including major gateways, streets, river links and links to Queen’s Wharf Brisbane
- Space to Grow – identifies new public spaces
- Collaborate – precinct stakeholders to collaborate on marketing, events, information and planning
VISION SOUTH BANK PRIORITY PROJECTS 2020
The Vision South Bank Priorities report is an addendum to the 2017 Vision South Bank Report and presents what is considered priorities for the precinct.
- The first priorities that bring to life the 20-year shared vision of the precinct are:
Key connector streets in the precinct
- Maximising open and green spaces & establishing micro-performance/art spaces to add to public amenity
- It is recognised that in order for connector streets and the maximisation of open and green spaces to be effective, the engagement of the community is required. BSB addresses this topic towards the end of the document.